Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bed Bugs at Marriott

Bed Bugs at Marriott

September, 2010

It seems like there is a nationwide epidemic of bed bugs http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/b/bedbugs/index.html. For someone who has never been bitten by bed bugs, I thought my incident would serve as a valuable story. I recently stayed at the Marriott Chicago and had one of my worst hotel nights. I thought I should share this with all because bed bugs are not typically heard of in top-notch hotels like Marriott.

I was bit by bed bugs at Marriott more than ten times, including several bites on my face. At 1am in the night, I woke up with more than five bed bugs crawling on my bed. I was totally panicked and called hotel staff to change my room. They did change my room, but it ruined my business trip and the complete following week.

What’s the lesson? Well, Marriott does not mean “no bed bugs”! You might pay $400 or $200 to Marriott but still suffer from bed bugs.

I have attached real photos of beg bugs from my incident.

Other links to beg bug stories:













No comments:

Post a Comment